Friday, February 13, 2015

Texture guns are super fun and paint

Well after sanding, more mud, and more sanding...we are ready to texture!!  Our local Ace Harware rents a Hopper texture gun for $8/ day! That's awesome! So we watched some You Tube videos and away we went! 

Turns out you have to tape off everything you don't want textured! 

Running the Hopper! 


He's good at running the hopper! It took us 30 mins to texture the kitchen, dining room and ceiling! So easy and kind of fun! 
And now we celebrate!!!!

Ugggg! Now I have to paint! The ceiling!! Ewwwww

I hate painting! 

But now I have a helper! She's awesome! Our cabinets are a fox tail maple finish so they gave a reddish hue. Our counter tops are coffee with a bit of creamer color with black flecks and some reddish brown color. So I wanted to paint the walls something that compliments without going too beige. So this sage color is pretty perfect! It will look great with the cabinets, countertops and rubbed oil bronze cabinet pulls and fixtures! 
Obviously there are purposeful places I didn't paint... Because tomorrow the cabinets will be installed!!  



The one thing I requested was one of these...and my sweet husband obliged! 
An outlet with USB ports for charging devices! LOVE IT!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment