Monday, February 2, 2015

Kitchen remodel

So about 4 weeks ago my craigslist loving husband found a full kitchen of brand new kitchen cabinets. After looking closely at our kitchen, we jumped on the deal...and it was A DEAL! Holy crap! So we scored these amazing Thomasville rustic alder cabinets. They are gorgeous! These are the ones currently being stored in my living room behind our couch.
Now the fun of designing and figuring out if we were good with what we had or if we had to order more....turns out we needed more. We ordered 3 more base cabinets to complete our kitchen. We found out what an amazing deal we got when we went to order those 3 lower cabinets and they cost more than we paid for all of the others. It was shocking! 

Here is our 1958 kitchen with metal cabinets and small small layout. We started our timeline and of course demo is first. Because I am a stay at home mom...this means that I am in charge of a lot of the work, so Reo can come home from work and get started on somethings I don't do. Like electrical work! This kitchen currently has a total of 3 outlets...YES 3! We are going to add 6 more. We also have to move our 220 volt for the stove.

Here it goes! Day 1: Organize and take down the upper cabinetry. This meant finding new homes for a lot of my kitchen junk. 


Here is Day 1 done! Yeah, I started to take out the lowers too so tomorrow I can take out some flooring! Ugggggg!

No comments:

Post a Comment