Sunday, February 15, 2015

Cabinets are installed!

2 weeks ago I was laying in bed, thinking I have to start demo tomorrow on my kitchen. I was petrified because what if it didn't work, what if our timeline was too extreme, what if our cabinetry didn't work. It was a very restless night wondering about the what ifs. Well tonight, exactly 2 weeks later I am laying here with a functional kitchen with cabinets installed!! Granite countertops ordered, and other odds and ends ready to be installed! 

One more time just for fun, let's remember what our old kitchen looked like....

Ok remember also that we bought our cabinets off Craigslist. These cabinets were not designed for our kitchen, we are making them fit! We've had a design on paper but it definitely changes once you start laying it out with the real thing! Saturday we devoted to working out the kinks. 
Reo figured out a plan that worked soooo much better than the original plan! Then our good friend Cynthia was in town and lent some good ideas and helped in the problem solving process. Then we ate pizza and drank beer! My mom and stepdad came up from Casper to help! 
Ok here it goes! Sunday morning we started screwing them into walls! This meant that my kitchen sink and dishwasher were temporary out of commission! 
They look so pretty

Good bye sink! 
Definitely looking good!!

Here comes the uppers! See my sink is back! Reo placed our old countertop with the sink back on the new cabinets! Welcome back sink! 

Building off the corner

Yay! One wall finished! 

Here is the finished product! I love love love it! 

It looks so much bigger! 




And here I am with my honey, in our kitchen! 

I kind of want to cry, because I love my new kitchen! Such an amazing labor of love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment