Sunday, September 28, 2014

Day 2-painting!

Just me and the kids at the house! Reo is in training and to get this thing somewhat done by the time the movers get here, I have to get busy! My job today is to paint the living room completely! 


This wall isn't being painted. It's awesome looking burlapy wallpaper and even though I HATE wallpaper...I 'm keeping this! 

The kids liked painting for all of 10 minutes! Av stuck it out for 30 minutes. 

Instead they found my camera...

Trim and all! The color is gorgeous! In some lights it looks gray, in others olive green and in others it's dark brown! The color is called smoked trout! I love it! I splurged on paint too! We tried Behr Marquee paint from Home Depot. I am usually a cheap paint kind of gal, but because we really needed a primer and I didn't have time for 2 coats with such a dark color, I thought time is worthy the cost! It was well worth it! 1 coat, amazing coverage even on our porous walls, and completely took the grandma smell out of the walls! I am in love and recommend to ANYONE! 
Next came the carpet! Good bye yucky orange carpet! 
Look at those strong helpers! Good bye yucky padding! 

Here is my gorgeous living room with the subfloor! So pretty! 

Accomplished:
Walls painted living room
Trim painted living room
Carpet removed
Tacks removed
Staples removed

Found out today that I can't survive on 4 pieces of lunch meat turkey, two string cheeses, and coffee ! Must do better at nourishment! 

No comments:

Post a Comment