Thursday, September 25, 2014

Day 1

I have complaining like crazy for the last 3 days because stuff isn't happening fast enough, people aren't calling me back and quotes are not being completed. All we had to do to get into our house was resolve the issues from the inspection. I was so annoyed that I was sitting around waiting on others. Well today we resolved the inspection and got the keys to our home! What I didn't realize is that my life just changed! I immediately drove to Home Depot and started with painting supplies. We are painting while we have super ugly carpet so I can spill and not worry about the floor. Then I drove over to the house where it hit me just how much work lies ahead! Kenley and I got to work! Here she is helping pull out picture hanging nails out of the wall! 


In 4 rooms this is the pile we accomplished! Plus we filled in the bazillion holes! 


We went to get Av from school and then got to work on taking down the UGLY drapes from the living room! I wish I would have taken a picture but I was sneezing too much as the dust from 1958 that got the best of my allergies! I then finished half of the trim painting in the living room! 

Accomplished: 
*Got Keys to the house
*Stopped complaining
*Bazillion nail removal and hole filling
*Removed drapes from 1958
*Cleaned the walls and trim (cobwebs removed too)
*Bribed my kids with good behavior
*Painted half the living room trim
*Rewarded kids with a nasty meal at McDonalds (which they love because "we never eat there anymore because it's super bad for us" (read with a whiney voice from the back seat) 
*Reward for mom... a couple of beers! 





1 comment:

  1. Let the fun begin. Be sure to take before and after pictures. I am sure with your special touch it won't even resemble itself. Have fun and enjoy the journey. Remember, you have all day, every day to accomplish this task. Not just evening or weekend hours.

    ReplyDelete